Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Topic: Vegetarianism



The topic I chose for my essay is vegetarianism.

Research Question: Is vegetarianism a viable option for all of society, and will it benefit us in the long run?

An example of someone becoming too
hostile in their veganism. 
Claim: . The lowering of overall meat consumption would be highly beneficial in sustaining life as we know it, however, vegetarianism for everyone in the world is simply unrealistic.

Why Vegetarianism?: I chose this topic because it is one I've thought about before outside of a classroom setting. I feel fairly strongly about this topic, not necessarily in the sense that I believe people should become vegetarian, but because I feel people become too hostile/defensive when choosing a "side," so to speak. I feel it is a topic which people are very "black and white" about without considering the "grey areas" or middle ground.

Audiences: I would like my topic to be seen by people on either extremes of the topic. For example, the vegan people who criticize anybody that still chooses to eat meat or omnivorous people who are instantly dismissive when the negatives of the meat industry are brought up. This could also be good for those who want to make dietary changes but don't think they could commit to a vegetarian diet, and therefore believe they shouldn't even try. The topics discussed in my claim could show these 3 groups that there is a solution that doesn't lead to a "one or the other" decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment